Application & Recommendation
- Nanofix Green (Safe Acid) is suitable for all kinds of leathers wherever Formic
acid 85% is used. It can replace formic 85% in any formulation.
- Nanofix Green (Safe Acid) is exothermal just like any other acids commonly used
in tanneries. When water is added, it increases the temperature of the solution
during the diluting process.
- Nanofix Green (Safe Acid) should be diluted with water with a portion of 1:10
exactly the same as Formic acid. 10% solution can be safely used to
lower the pH during wetting back (re-chroming).
0.5-1% for wet salted skins or hides.
1-2% for dry salted and dry hides or skins.
- Non-polluting, eco-friendly and direct replacement for 85% strength Formic acid
in any formulations. (No need to change the formulation)
- An additive which imparts more smoothness to the leather surface than formic acid.
- Unlike formic acid, this product is not corrosive and it’s easy and safe to handle.
- Smell of acids does not remain in leathers after the final washing step.
- It produces fewer hydro & Oxy groups thus the leathers will be stronger and darker in
dye shades after fixation.
- It accelerates acid penetration in the pickling stage. It leads to tighter, fuller and
smoother grains in wet-blues after chrome tannage.
- Lower the BOD & COD content in the effluents than Formic acid.
- It does not lead to evaporate any smell of fumes during the dilution, because the
product does not contain Sulphuric, Hydrochloric, or Formic acids.
- The level of free formaldehyde content as an impurity is significantly lower than
standard formic acid.